Your Qualifications first !
You’re sitting in a job interview prepared to speak about your qualifications, your resume and why you’d be a perfect fit for the open position. Then you get hit with question like:
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
- Office with no windows or a cube near a window?
- If you could go anywhere on business travel, where would you go? Why?
- Who is the first person you’d want to meet with here on your first day?
- What’s your favorite website?
- What do your family/friends think of your career path?
- What’s your favorite word?
- Would you rather lose your phone or your laptop?
- Are you creative? If so, why, if not why not?
- What is the most important meal of the day?
- What does your best friend like about you?
This is the standard job interview which can go in a variety of directions, and can sometime get taken far away off course. Interviewers are trying to catch a good sense of personality from the applicants to see if they’ll be a culture fit. That is only a part of the full exercise. Your future employer wants indeed the job to be done and in an optimal way. That is where your technical background and expertise enter in the game and are valuated. At easyDBA we give much more place to your qualifications than the rest simply because it is our main expertise and our core business: We are specialized in hiring database experts.
You are a looking for a job. You are a database expert with at least an engineer/master diploma in computer science and years of experience on medium and/or very large databases (VLDB). If your feet firmly planted in the present and your eyes focused on the future, we invite you to get in touch with us.